« Home

One

Well. I am blogging. What a novel experience. I do recall (and I'm sure many annoying people will remind me) that I many-a-timed condemned blogging as exhibitionistic and self-absorbed.
Just because I am doing it now doesn't mean I take that back though - hah.
Anyways I shall only tell select people about this blog - so if you stumbled here without me having told you about it, you're not select enough la. haha

Oddly enough I was inspired to set up a blog by isabelle's boyfriend, kenneth, whose blog I was reading because I was bored enough at work. This is weird to say - but there was something touchingly honest about the way he wrote, and not poseur-ish at all. You know most blogs are incredibly poseur, the way pple like to squeeze out pseudo-philosophical musings about their barely 20 year old lives etc. Or invent some angst just to sound interesting (I mean, pple can elevate some far-off crush into The Love of Their Lives) (not that I haven't fallen into that pre-pubescent trap before la. But still. at least I didn't broadcast it). Well, kenneth's blog was...very easy to empathise with. I liked it - it was honest.

(This is very odd, especially since I've only met Kenneth about twice.)

Well: gripe of the week

is the borderline retarded manager at Indochine. Seriously la, this guy is like so ill-equipped to be in charge of anything, dunno how he managed to get the job also. Oh well.
Actually I'm just a bitch la - Yaxin was all "I feel bad for this man!" after I very meanly espoused my "mentally deficient" theory to her.
It's just that I get this way: my small narrow mind latches onto something about someone that rubbed me the wrong way - and I'll elevate it into psychological theories about that person's emotional crutch etc (in order to justify my overreaction to said person's misstep). Exhibit A: lydia and the boyfriend depression.

Anyways:
Sometimes working here really really sucks donkey ass. But then I remember that I actually got here (unlike other applicants who were as worthy, honestly), and that I really want A scholarship (to the US! bloody MFA), and that at least I have joyce, and da, and jo, and pepper, and jen, and all the other interns who are fun, and make life here bearable at least.
And then I also remember that all first jobs start out shittily, and that I should stop being a princess and expect everything to go my way.
Also that I am incredibly insignificant in the SPH hierarchy, so suck it up, man.

Oh and it's my mother's 50th birthday today! Which she is spending in Shanghai with my sister freezing her ass off. Ma, happy birthday! I love you more than renji's vocabulary can express.

Yay. Happy blog birthday =) Keep them coming and welcome to the community of the hopelessly self-absorbed.

Post a Comment