« Home | Catherine Lim rocks. So does my cousin! » | The ragamuffin gospel » | One »

Almost-retarded managers and Almost-real LV bags

Yesterday was my first day in the service sector. It was utter and total shite. Starting with the fact that that same borderline retarded guy neglected to mention that I should turn up in leather closed-toe shoes. I mean, seriously. How am I supposed to know that I should turn up in this kind of shoes? It was so embarrassing standing there with all the rest of the staff looking at my pityingly like I was some kind of idiot who wore slippers (which I was, but HE DIDN'T TELL ME NOT TO. and yes, it IS my first time in the service sector).
So, I had to rush all the way down to OG, and spend $29.90 on a pair of hideous clown shoes, (and $3.90 for the goddamn socks!), rush back, only to endure 5 hours of the most incompetent rookie training I have ever encountered in my life.

I mean, thank God for my station manager - Lawrence - and the other waitress at my station - Thao - who were incredibly nice and forgiving, because I had to endure standing around the whole night doing mostly nothing (I mean, there's only so many times you can change someone's ashtray before they start thinking you're up to something else), and like getting scolded for not doing anything (although THERE WAS NOTHING TO DO.)

And I mean, these pple are so incompetent, they didn't even tell me things like "We don't serve western food after 11", and the protocol for credit card bills, (I found these things out by ACCIDENT), things one would think the managers would want their waitresses to know! eegads.

And after the tortuous 5 hours, I actually LOST MONEY - a grand total of -$0.50, considering the $33 I shelled out for the clown shoes and socks.

So I actually PAID half a doller for the shite I endured last night. This is ridiculous.

In other news, mum is coming home tomorrow! Also, I was accosted by my sister telling me about this very expensive knock-off LV bag (an oxymoron, one might think) that mum bought for me in Shanghai.

It apparently has the LV monogram. Which worries me, because, as I've mentioned many times, (Azi will attest), whenever one sees someone carrying an LV bag, one immediately asks oneself "Real or fake?". Then you take into account the rest of what she's wearing (eg: are those shoes from Ninewest, or Charles and Keith?), and the setting (is she in the MRT, or just exiting the Tiffany's store?), and one easily can deduce if the bag's real or fake.

So what worries me, is that when I'm wearing the bag (which of course I will, even if it's hideous), is that someone as judgmental and free as me, will notice, and come to the logical conclusion. (considering the many pairs of Charles and Keith shoes I have, and the amount of time I spend on the MRT). It's karma.