« Home | london, london! » | backlog » | when "I don't know" is really not what you want to... » | invictus » | regatta dinner! » | christchurch » | in no particular order » | hor fun and housing! » | alice through the looking glass » | let it be »

retrospection

ok I know it's crazy to be posting three posts in a row (everyone! there are two other new posts below this one!), but well. I really don't want to study. and I haven't been able to post for so long! and somehow..weirdly, my blog has become important to me personally...like it collects my memories, and knowing other people read it too gets me to be alot more disciplined than keeping a journal would.

It's creepy how fast michaelmas flew by. looking through my old pictures I stumbled on so many pretty ones we took those first few days...the bunch of us singaporeans all alone in oxford (having arrived much earlier than anyone else, in true singaporean fashion), travelling in a pack and taking pictures endlessly. In those days we were uncertain and trepidatious about what it would be like when school finally started, but also open-mouthed and excited - total tourists, as you'll see in the pictures.

Sending you bunch off at heathrow a few days ago was nice - i'm glad I decided to go see you guys off. I met most of you only two months ago but so much has happened and who could understand everything we've been through but each other? Although we've had our share of drama (and no more rachel-for-oumssa-pres jokes ok! haha) and although i never got to see you guys as much as those first few days, looking through these old pics, and hugging everyone goodbye at the airport - it's nice to feel the bond. and it's an important one because i would die if I couldn't speak singlish at all, or if there was no one who would share my bak chor mee cravings (jerald tan you better be eating for both of us back there!). and i'm glad i genuinely like you people as well. haha.

i remember when this pic was taken - we were in univ? jesus? one of the colleges, and everyone lined their cameras up on some stones, and we set them off and ran to assemble in front of the quad. it was hilarious - like 7 flashes popping off one after another - which explains why we're all laughing in the pic. And as you can see, my camera, delegated to a lower stone than everyone else's, didn't exactly capture the proper background. But it captured the moment:


gorgeous keble! and poseurs. heh. keble is so splendid though - the first time we walked into the quad, it just took my breath away. and also, I remember the sign in the lodge saying "no posters allowed", and jerald making zhuang pose next to the sign with his finger covering the "t" in posters. hahahhahaa. that's so lame and hilarious.


in somerville. this pic is so lovely!