« Home | alice through the looking glass » | let it be » | diwali ball! » | from oscar wilde to melanie griffith » | matriculation! and assorted other things » | it's a long way from home » | laundry night » | excerpts » | to whom it may concern » | cleaning out my closet »

hor fun and housing!

my alliteration amuses me. i just did it again! hee, ok i'm sorry about that

I've had a good evening! Despite the fact that I should have been reading for my induction essay rather than doing everything I did tonight (and I should be reading for my essay now too. in fact making up for the lost hours of the evening. But here I am. blogging.)

Sheryl, Karen, John and I had dinner at cafe opium (oh I can taste that roast duck in my dreams!). What was meant to be a short dinner because of our various essay deadlines (karen the day before: "two hours only! you better come!") turned into a four hour dinner with ice-cream after chat session. I haven't seen those guys in ages (but karen, I see you all the time actually! haha), and it was a splendid time. Making fun of each other's brit accents (mostly sheryl's morphing accent between answering her phone and realising it was a brit friend. Seriously it went from full on singlish "har-low?" to crsip "are you having dinner now?" (aiyah, typing does that comedy bit no favours at all)), and karen and john being indignant that I should have any part in making fun of sheryl because apparently my accent is really bad as well (it isn't LOR! haha), talking about everything from the hwa chong-RJ divide to racism in singapore and in the UK. It felt good to pull out my las and wahlaos for a night, being crazy loud orientals (stupid brits! haha) and just having a good time really. AND we were invited for chilli crab on sunday by peter whom we bumped into at the restaurant as well. I love my singaporeans! hee.

Went back to college with heroic plans of studying. Unfortunately the girls invaded my room and we spent wayyy too long talking about our house next year. We're getting a beeg 7 person house, but getting the right mix is sooo annoying and troublesome. The boys want to live with us, but they have 4, and we - rosy, phoebe and I - can't possibly leave vicky out. So the boys are probably going to get an all-boys 5 person house (which we will crash constantly simply because they cook better than us! haha), and we're gonna get a 7 person house with other pple. (if stupid saj ever gets past his annoying "one indian and one lawyer" condition, we're all set, really.)

It felt really nice and homely just chatting with the girls, then getting interrupted by the boys telling their stupid stories and messing around in my room again. It felt comfortable. And while nothing really exciting happened today, after all the sometimes scary adventure I've been having - all the new experiences - it felt good to just chill out with pple I trust and love (both the singaporeans and the brits). It felt like home - almost. And when I recall that if I were still in singapore, I would probably be watching some mindless thing on MTV, bored out of my mind, I feel like I never want to leave here.

But then I remember jerald talking about bak chor mee last night, annd I change my mind. Plus there's that whole bond thing in the way anyway. Well it's a good long time before that. And in the meantime I'm going to have the time of my life.

Daddy: I do hang out with asians ok! And your email was seriously bizarre.