« Home | starting anew, again » | snapshots » | bittersweet symphony » | merry christmas; happy new year! » | sister act » | retrospection » | london, london! » | backlog » | when "I don't know" is really not what you want to... » | invictus »

close shaves and wise words

Before I even start this post, I know almost everyone who reads it will be incredibly freaked out and concerned. I almost didn't want to write about it because I knew that would happen - but then again, I really don't have anything to hide, and it's quite a good story, to be honest. But anyone who has anything to say, feel free to email me...I'd rather my comments box or my tagboard not be clogged up with naggy stuff.

So on friday we were at filth (a club)....collections (our welcome-back-to-school! exams) were finally over, and it was lovely to see everyone again. So we're all there having fun, and this random asian guy starts talking to me..and we're just chatting about normal stuff, and he offers to buy me a drink right. So I accept. which perhaps isn't the wisest thing to have done, but i've accepted drinks from strangers before, and to be honest i quite like free drinks. (he bought me quite an expensive one as well haha). not many girls would reject free drinks really...if i paid for all my drinks last term, i would be considerably broker at the moment.

anyhoo, enough justification. so he comes back with the drink, and I drink it. And then all I remember personally from the rest of the night is just vague flashes: he grabs me; karl grabs me back; karl shouting at him; walking home with karl. that's honestly all I can remember.

so the next morning, after a night of diarrhea (urgh), i hear what happened from everyone:

apparently karl overheard this guy at the bar saying that he had spiked "her" drink, not knowing that i was the "her" he was talking about. So when he saw me drinking it, he was quite freaked out. After drinking it I was apparently quite gone, and the guy tried to grab me...and karl grabbed me and confronted him abt the whole drink-spiking thing....then he basically took care of me the whole night and took me home.

I honestly wasn't that freaked out when I heard...everyone else was quite horrified though. Most reactions ranged from the paranoid (zhuang: he could have made off with you, and we wouldn't have been able to find you, and then we would have to call the police...!), to the violent but nicely-protective (paul: why didn't karl tell us last night? we would have killed that guy).

The weirdest thing is that I don't really feel like it happened to me, just because I don't remember a thing. Hearing it told to me - it seems like just some funny story that happened to someone else.

I wouldn't have gone off with that guy alone anyhow..even if karl hadn't overheard him, my friends wouldn't have let me go off with a random..even when I was just talking to him, before the drink bit, people kept on like coming near and asking if i needed to be rescued..the way I would have with any one of my friends. Maybe I should be worried about how it was a close shave or something..but I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it happened to me.

oh well. it was an eventful start to the term anyhow. haha. seriously thoug, with that precedent, it's going to be a mad term.

********

tzing posted these lyrics on her blog. and well, they were what i needed to see at the time, so i'm just going to repost here, in hope that people who need to hear something like this, might just stumble over this, and feel - if only for a moment - a little stronger.


Slow down you crazy child
You're so ambitious for a juvenile
But then if you're so smart tell me why
Are you still so afraid?
Where's the fire, what's the hurry about?
You better cool it off before you burn it out
You got so much to do and only
So many hours in a day

But you know that when the truth is told
That you can get what you want
Or you can just get old
You're gonna kick off before you even get halfway through
When will you realise...Vienna waits for you

Slow down you're doing fine
You can't be everything you want to be
Before your time
Although it's so romantic on the borderline tonight (tonight)
Too bad but it's the life you lead
You're so ahead of yourself
That you forgot what you need
Though you can see when you're wrong
You know you can't always see when you're right(you're right)

You got your passion you got your pride
But don't you know that only fools are satisfied?
Dream on but don't imagine they'll all come true
When will you realise
Vienna waits for you

Slow down you crazy child
Take the phone off the hook and disappear for a while
It's alright you can afford to lose a day or two
When will you realise...
Vienna waits for you.

But you know that when the truth is told
That you can get what you want
Or you can just get old
You're gonna kick off before you even get halfway through
Why don't you realise...Vienna waits for you
When will you realise...Vienna waits for you

Vienna
Billy Joel

go download the song, it's brilliant.

If you can come up with a good description of this guy, you should definitely give it to the club and the police. It's certainly something that criminal charges can be brought as the result of, and you might be able to prevent something really terrible from happening to someone else.

rachel, honey, i love you so much babe, and i know ur responsible, but you gotta not let scary things like that happen..cos i need you there when we go back to sph to serve our internships, ok? *hugs* i really do miss u heaps dear.. :(

hey, im not going to be the naggy one. but all i can say is, take care dear!! okies!! dont wanna worry for you too!! =]

>. <

Post a Comment