« Home | other side of the world » | edinburgh » | long overdue update » | snapshots from spain » | me no speako espanol » | surprised by joy » | the big 20. gah. » | birthday blues » | a rather immature strain of nostalgia. » | same old same old, but oh so different »

and here we go again.

since i've last posted:

There was studying in oxford, bunking in with john, shitting myself laughing at jerald and his antics (botatoes?); serene, sheryl and I getting progressively drunker while managing to maintain a very. serious. conversation, seeing all my friends again, collections (4 essays in the morning, 4 in the afternoon, maths the next day. so. tired.), 12 hour pub crawl for dush's birthday, salman's visit! lounging in the sun (yes, sun! yes, warmth!) in christchurch meadow enjoying chocolate sauce cones with chocolate ice-cream, rushing around organising the ball, then of course, i wouldn't feel at home if it weren't all topped off with an all-night essay crisis. (which i've just finished. 2166 words ladies and gentlemen!)

and then it's amazing how much has happened in just a couple of days. whether it was witnessing the pain of loving someone but not being able to make it work; or whether it's learning very first hand the fall-out of confusing sex and friendship (and maybe learning more about myself in the process). it's been wild. and it's only 4 days into term.

things to come: georgie's birthday; thames boat party; the teddy hall ball; my sister's visit!; aimee's visit?; exams exams exams. and then, after 10 months, i'll be back at that airport i left in tears so long ago. Then, my head was filled with fear and uncertainty, my heart was filled with sorrow at all i couldn't leave behind. Almost a year on, I wonder if it'll be the same - walking out from a cold building into the warmth, instead of the other way around; seeing everyone again, sleeping in my old bed again. I wonder how different things will be - how much I will have changed then, to add to the already entirely different me now. And you, dear reader (all 3 of you!) will no doubt be privy to my innermost happiness and horror.

Ah it's good to be back!

i also read, what.

Post a Comment